RSS Feeds and Feed Sites

What I learned today: a RSS feed syndicates your content. Yes, yes, I know the rest of you have known this for a long time, but I've been teaching composition inside a classroom forever. I've been finding feed submission sites today, and I've managed to get through a short list so far to submit my Teaching & Technology feed.

I've kept the list of feed url's if you're interested, just send me a comment.

I'm assuming the goal of these feeds is to get people to visit the website, thereby increasing traffic to either a)make possible sales, b)get possible click-throughs, or c)get 15 minutes of fame. Maybe I'm missing something, but during my one-day self-tutorial on this, that's my take on it.

Oh, I also created my own RSS file, which was interesting, but terribly monotonous. I'm certainly glad I don't have to do that manually.

Sharper Image
LinkShare  Referral  Prg
Country Inns & Suites