SEO Copywriting - How do these writers survive?

I’m developing a brick-and-mortar course on writing for the web that will include SEO (search engine optimization) copywriting, which I will teach next semester. As a result, I’ve been doing a few freelance writing projects for the web, and all I have to say is, HOW IN THE WORLD DO THESE WRITERS PAY THEIR BILLS?

First, I registered on several freelance websites just to browse and explore the types of writing jobs available. I’ve received several projects from one bidding site, but these contract providers expect to pay only about .01 cent per word; it’s quite ghastly. If I didn’t teach, which certainly doesn’t pay well, I’m not sure I’d even be able to eat on this pittance. freelance, freelance jobs, freelance writer, writer, copywriter, seo copywriter
For example, I wrote a 1500-word article for one website owner who has totally rewritten the article, in substandard language I should add, and he has yet to offer payment, which is a mere $5, if you can imagine that! On the up side, I have learned a great deal about (SEO) copywriting and how website owners use it to gain higher search result page ranking.

It’s obvious that most of the writers are using content generators or simply plagiarizing, or possibly paraphrasing. My next objective is to research content generators; I’m very curious about this…freelance, freelance jobs, freelance writer, writer, copywriter, seo copywriter
Sharper Image
LinkShare  Referral  Prg
Country Inns & Suites